Dillon's baseball season started about 3 weeks ago, and it has been a doozy so far! Last year his team was undefeated and ended up winning their division, so everyone is expecting great things this year too. They've only lost one game so far, but there has been plenty of excitement and some close shaves.
Dill is a pretty reliable hitter, and he often plays 2nd base, 3rd base, and shortstop. He's had some absolutely spectacular catches so far this season, and he's turning into quite the "base thief" too.
As much as I try, I don't often get a chance to really sit and concentrate on watching the games. I'm usually chasing Hayden around in the bushes or trying to keep track of Lawson's monster trucks.
This was my view of the game tonight. Kirk was awfully frustrated with my pitiful play-by-play texts, all of which read something like "The kid with the bright colored batting helmet keeps popping up foul balls." He showed great restraint, texting back only "I need more details, please."
Tonight I really looked like I had my act together, though. I'd taken dinner to a sick friend right before heading out to the game, but I hadn't had time to feed my little guys at home. I'd made double of what I took to her family, so I dragged it along to the ball park. I looked more than a little silly dishing up mashed potatoes from the crock pot and carving up a chicken, but it was worth it to avoid the drive-thru dinner that we usually end up with on these late baseball nights.






No comments:
Post a Comment