Friday, August 15, 2014

Lawson & Hayden's First Day of School



After having a great experience last school year, I'm teaching at the local community college again this fall semester. This time around I'm teaching two classes (Mass Communication and Public Speaking), so I have to be on campus all day Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. When I was first offered this schedule I was very anxious about how I'd manage child care, but we were fortunate to have Hayden & Lawson both accepted into the on-campus Child Study Center. (You might remember that Dillon & Koen attended the child care center at SFSU when I was in grad school there, and they had a great experience!) 

I am so excited to have them on campus with me, and it will be really valuable for them to have some time with non-family caregivers. The center actually has low enrollment this school term, so they are basically going to receive one-on-one care, which is unheard of in group care settings anymore. Fall semester Hayden will be in the infant room, and Lawson in the 2/3 year-old classroom. 

When I dropped them off on their first day, Lawson adjusted immediately. Hayden, however, cried & cried. I'm sure it will wear off quickly, though. We're looking forward to a great school year!

Walking up the path to school, lunch boxes in tow.






No comments: