We explained that there wasn't enough snow at Tahoe for winter sports and that it was far too cold to play at the lake as we do in the summer. He didn't care--he just wanted to go to Nevada. I decided that a trip to Reno was in order.
Koen being Koen, we had to travel in style. He, Dillon and I took the Amtrak train from Martinez right into downtown Reno, then we only had to walk a half mile to our hotel, Circus Circus.
Once we got used to the cigarette smoke (cough, cough!), we had a great time. The boys played midway games and video games to their hearts' content, and we even feasted at the El Dorado Buffet. That's probably the closest we'll ever come to being high rollers.
It snowed throughout our entire train trip home. I wish I could say that the boys found it as lovely as I did, but I'm fairly certain they only saw the view of their iPods. I did point out some beautiful sights along the way, and they were gracious enough to pretend to be interested.
As strange as it sounded, this ended up being just the perfect birthday adventure for our very unique Koen. I wouldn't be surprised if it turns into a tradition.








No comments:
Post a Comment