Thursday, March 15, 2012

Three of a Kind

There were so many possible titles for this post: "Lawson's Lost Locks," and "My Little Lamb is Shorn," were among the least cheesy that sprang to my mind. (Yeah, if those were the LEAST trite choices, imagine the rest...) It's been a couple of weeks now since Lawson's first haircut and, honestly, I'm still more than a little heartbroken about it.

His long brown hair was just so adorable--the first thing that anyone commented on when they saw him--and I confess I loved that it made him look like me. It was becoming a problem to keep it out of his eyes, though, and Kirk seemed hesitant to let me trim it myself. (Perhaps his worry stemmed from his memories of the trim I gave 7-month old Koen. More than one person commented that poor Ko looked like Moe of Three Stooges fame.) Anyway, this is what my boys looked like pre-haircut:

Gorgeous, aren't they? Admittedly, they were a bit shaggy, so we headed down to a local barber shop that Kirk has frequented since the last time we lived in Brentwood.  The shop's owner, Brandon, had also done Koen's first (good) haircut, so it was fun to have him do the honors for Lawson too. Lawson did an amazing job of holding still, as you will see in the shots below.  He sat quietly through a scissor cut and a clipping with the razor; I was the one squirming and crying!



When Brandon was finished, I scarcely recognized Lawson. I didn't have a brown-haired baby anymore, but a blonde little boy. Most striking, though, is how much Lawson looks like his brothers now. He's always resembled them, but now the similarity is just ridiculous. I guess it was inevitable: my sweet baby is growing to be one of the guys.



No comments: