Monday, November 7, 2011

Halloween 2011

This was our first Halloween trick-or-treating in our new neighborhood (and our first time staying home for Halloween in 4 years), and I am happy to report it did not disappoint! We were joined by new friends (from soccer & school), which really made the night special for us.

Costumes were somewhat a last-minute affair this year, actually chosen from our dress-up bins which I replenish at the post-Halloween sales each year. After accessorizing  it with a coonskin cap for our first party outing, Koen decided his "explorer" costume wasn't interesting enough; he decided he wanted to be Johnny Appleseed, and demanded a pot for his head.  I made one out of posterboard and tin foil, and the result was truly impressive. Unfortunately, the handle isn't visible in any of these shots, but it was very cute! Dillon's Darth Vader getup was great fun for him; his only disappointment was that I couldn't figure out a way for him to sound like Vader too. 

An added bonus was having my mom, step-dad & grandmother here for Halloween. Papa Phil and Gram held down the fort at the house, while my mom came along for the fun. Our new neighbors are incredibly generous, and quantity of candy the boys collected is truly astonishing! Kirk & I have both been raiding their bags for several days now, and they haven't yet noticed. It was a wonderful evening, and by the end of the night my new friends and I were already plotting next year's outing.


Johnny Appleseed and Darth Vader

Boba Fett & Darth Vader

Little Dinosaur (the same costume baby Koen wore!)

Dillon as Darth Vader

Koen as Johnny Appleseed

Just for fun... Lawson & Great Gram

No comments: